Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

God's Design-Addendum-There is more to be seen.

After I wrote the blog entry entitled "God's Design", which gives verses regarding how God has designed the blind and the lame, I heard a Pastor on the radio.   The Pastor said that when people are facing something difficult, they don't need facts about God's sovereignty, they need hope.  

And I realized that although it is important for my own heart to state that God is in charge-a heart that weeps over a special needs situation doesn't always feel better with those verses.

So here is what I should have included.

When God allows blindness, or any physical struggle, it's limited to our time here on Earth.    

It is not forever.

Taken from Isaiah 35:5-10

"Then the eyes of the blind will be opened
And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
Then the lame will leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the mute will shout for joy....

A highway will be there, a roadway,
And it will be called the Highway of Holiness....
the redeemed will walk there,
And the ransomed of the Lord will return
And come with joyful shouting to Zion,
With everlasting joy upon their heads.
They will find gladness and joy,
And sorrow and sighing will flee away."


And also Revelation 21:4-6
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.'
Then He who sat on the throne said, 'Behold, I make all things new.' And He said to me,  Write, for these words are true and faithful.'
And He said to me, 'It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. "

This time now on Earth, seems so encompassing.  It's all we remember.   It's all we know.  

But in Heaven our lives on Earth will seem very distant, a very far away memory, and then eventually it will be forgotten.

Isaiah 65:17
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind."

This time on Earth is actually so very very short.

2 Corinthians 4:17

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory..."

Compared to eternity, our lives here are just a "moment".  

These struggles-they seem so indefinite.   But they are really only for a moment.

God does make, and does allow physical disabilities in this life.   But they are allowed for a just a moment.

God has a plan.  It's just a moment.   You just have to hold on, and carry on.  

Some day the physical suffering will be long over, a distant memory.

There is a special blessing for those in this life who have been unable to walk, or unable to see- to be able to walk and see in heaven.  What a joy that will be for someone tied to a wheelchair during their lives, to not only walk, but run and leap in heaven.   For those that have difficulty even talking- to speak freely.

What a blessing it will be not only for them, but for those who love them, to watch.  

The best meal is after being famished.   And the best joy is after suffering.

Your heart is going to sing some day Mama, when you see your child in heaven with a new body and so happy.

My happiest moments are when I see my daughter rejoicing.   The joy that I feel over her happiness tops any joy that I can feel on my own.

I can not imagine the joy that a mom will feel to see her child set free at last.   In that sense, I think there will be an extra special blessing for the moms, dads, families and friends that love these little ones who suffer from special needs in this life- to see them rejoicing in heaven.

As God is our heavenly Father, and our feelings towards our children teach us how He thinks and feels towards us,  I think He will be rejoicing to see their happiness even more so.

It will be beautiful to watch.    Keep teaching your children about Jesus.  

Just wait, and you will see.
 

3 comments:

  1. 'Limited to our time on earth'. Excellent reminder as you said, our time on earth is so short compared to all eternity. And God is blessing Elsa and you guys with such a HUGE blessing for this time; just because He loves you.
    So do I, but it just doesn't compare to His!
    Mom/Grandmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post rings so very true. It is just the reminder I needed today. God is so faithful and true. Our home not here on earth...our garments of this world folded up and laid aside, our bodies made new and whole. His mercy endureth forever. I will serve no other. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it encouraged you Susan. Thank you for encouraging me. :)

      Delete