Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

USCIS update & New Resources

According to our bank, USCIS (Immigration) just processed our check...so that means they are working on our paperwork!   Things are moving along... 

Also, I found a website last week written by a woman that adopted a blind baby.   It was wonderful to read all of her suggestions and thoughts.    She also recommended a few books.   I was wondering which books to read-and was so glad for her ideas.   I ordered a couple of them, and should have them soon (Reach Out and Teach: Helping Your Child Who Is Visually Impaired Learn and Grow by Kay Ferrell & Beginnings: A practical guide for parents and teachers of visually-impaired babies by Sheri Moore).

I am excited to read their smart ideas and suggestions from people that have gone on ahead of me-and learn from all their wealth of experience.

Also, I found a website devoted for blind folks- and there was a link where I can get free audios of the Bible and various Christian books.   It was wonderful to see all of the hard work that the Christian community has done for blind people, by making such a long list available-free of charge.

This same website also had so many resources for those who are blind, ranging from calendars to recipe books, among other things.    There are so many resources available, I was amazed. 

I am so thankful that I can learn from other people.   People that have lots of ideas and experience.    I felt encouraged that I am not alone in walking this path, that there are lots of people out there that have well-developed ideas and concepts on how to raise a blind child.  

It also reminded me of Hebrews 11, the "Hall of Faith", where the author describes various people who have walked in faith.    Just as I am encouraged by these folks who have raised blind children - this parallels how I can be encouraged by those Christians that have gone on before me.

He sums it up in Hebrews 12:1-2
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith..." (italics mine).

1 comment:

  1. God prepares the path we are to walk down. And then He walks us down it, hand in hand. You are surely feeling His hand in yours aren't you? Excited in prayer as we see things happening (they took your money! ;). I love the resources He is showing you. Let me know when the books come and how they are. Exciting times! Love you ALL. Momma Bear

    ReplyDelete