Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

God's design

So the Lord said to Moses, "Who has made man's mouth?  Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind?  Have not I, the Lord?"   (Exodus 4:11)

God said in Isaiah 43  
"Everyone who is called by My Name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him." 

And also, "This people I have formed for Myself;  They shall declare My praise."

And Psalm 139:13-16
"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them."



John 9:1-3
"Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth.  And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. "

We are typically perfectionists.   

We want to choose the best food entrée at a restaurant.  
We want to buy the best house we can afford.  
We want the best education for our children.  

We want to experience the best vacations that we can.  
We want health.  
We want perfectionism. 
We want to choose the best, and if it isn't the best, well, could it even be God's will?    

Maybe God's best isn't what we would consider the best.

God sees more than we see.   God knows more than we do.

Isaiah 55:8-9
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Yes, sometimes we do bring consequences upon ourselves.    But sometimes, something happens, out of our control, that seems so difficult, we wonder if God sees and knows.

And the truth is, that God is bigger than what we think.   And when we see an impossible situation, that's when God likes to roll up His sleeves and show us what He can do.  

Because that is when we see God for who He is.   

He is naturally a Savior.

And when you see a beautiful sunset, or the variations of flowers, you know that He likes to make things beautiful.


God took an army of 32,000 and reduced it to 300.   We would be inclined to reverse that numerical change.
"And the Lord said to Gideon, “The people who are with you are too many for Me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel claim glory for itself against Me, saying, ‘My own hand has saved me"  (Judges 7:2).


Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:8-12:
" Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


God's best may be something that we see as an imperfection. 

Something that isn't right in our eyes.  
But God sees that imperfection as perfect.  
He made it that way.   On Purpose.  
He gives us weaknesses on purpose.  
He made us the way He wants.
He made Elsa Mei cute, adorable and also blind.   
He made her that way, because He sees a bigger plan.  

I would rather trust what He sees over what I see- any day of the week.   


1 comment: