Translate

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Moses

I heard a Pastor on the radio talking about how Moses' mom "saw he was a beautiful child", and so she hid him, and later made a little ark to try to preserve his life.   Then later Pharaoh's daughter found him, "she saw the child...and had compassion on him" (Exodus 2).   

The part of the story that spoke to me, was about how these women saw the child, and they desired that the child wouldn't perish, and so they were moved into action.   Not only that, but this is the first adoption story recorded in the Bible; little Moses...he was going to grow up to be someone very special.  

And it all started with his mom seeing that he was a beautiful child.

After this had been on my heart for a couple of days (we also just so happened to read the Moses story in Family Devo time), my friend sent me this link about a woman who has adopted and her reflections on the Moses story: http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2013/04/thoughts-from-my-heart.html?m=1

Our friends Christy and David, after reading our blog, had their Bible out to read, and it fell open to Isaiah 42 and this verse stood out to them:
"And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken."  (Isaiah 42:16)

God has a plan for our little one in China.




No comments:

Post a Comment